Re-cap on the Blizzard of 2009




Ok, I'm a bit late on this but after almost a week, we are still digging out of the snow that smashed through the Long Island area.  My town in particular (Selden) was hit the hardest of anywhere in the country from this thing on Sunday. We got the record 26.3 inches of snow! 

In my 26 years of being on Long Island, I've only seen this kind of snow fall 2 times and NEVER before Christmas.  On Sunday we shoveled for 6 hours...just as a start and as we continue with our lives, we keep digging through the stuff to make way for what we need to do. 

What was even more amazing about this storm, was that the snow was very localized. In other words, parts of the island only got about 13 inches of snow while we got double that amount.  Normally we get the rain mix or low snow fall here while the inland parts of the tri-state area get the brunt of these things but we claim the prize here for the most snow from this thing in the country.

-Images from the morning after the snowfall


 
 

My Blog List

  • Frozen (SPOILERS) - Once upon time, Disney made movies that made me feel lost in wonder for days. Falling in love with a princess and her love story, hoping to have one of my ...
    10 years ago

Translate

Copyright © Chuck Gaffney Blog, Chuck Gaffney and BT - Anime Music.